New Q&A with Glamour from December 5th

Everyone, prepare to fall in love with Emma Stone. I snagged a few minutes with the star (and Revlon spokesperson) yesterday and got to pick her brain about her hair, makeup and nails--all things beauty. And since we covered a LOT of ground, I bolded some of the highlights for you antsy-types.

TGIBD: I know that you put together a PowerPoint presentation for your parents to get them to let you start acting. I’m wondering if it was as hard to get them to let you wear makeup for the first time?

Emma: It wasn’t as hard—although that wasn’t that hard either because they were pretty great about it. I did a lot of youth theater so I had to do my own makeup before the show so I was like "Aw, hell yeah!" I was just all about makeup, makeup, makeup for the shows. So I would wear that home and out stuff so I was really into makeup and then they were kind of like, Oh OK. I mean, it wasn’t as heavy as my Eeyor makeup.

TGIBD: Do you do your makeup still now? Is that something you enjoy doing?

Emma: I do! I really like to do it. But now, unfortunately, I know I can’t do it as well as the professionals so I’m always a little bit disappointed by my own hand. But I’ve always really enjoyed makeup, yeah.

TGIBD: What are some of your must-haves right now?

Emma: On the Revlon-front, I really love the Lip Butter and the Nearly Naked Foundation [Ed note: It's new—watch for it!]. And then in general, I really like highlighters and anything that looks kind of shimmery because I can’t used powders because I’m so dry. So I like the J Lo Glow. I’m super-into the J Lo Glow.

TGIBD: And how to you apply highlighter?

Emma: I kind of just mix it with my foundation.

TGIBD: You were saying that your skin is dry, what is your skincare regimen?

Emma: It changes all the time. I’m super-promiscuous. It depends. The thing I like the most is just straight oils—olive oil, argon oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil—but unfortunately, a lot of that stuff is too heavy to wear all over your face all the time, which I’m learning slowly but surely. So I’ve been using Cetaphil and a lot of SPF.

TGIBD: How about for your hair?

Emma: I don’t really have a hair "thing." I try to get trims every once and a while when I remember but I usually don’t remember for, like, 6 months. I’m not great about my hair. And I have, like, feathers where hair should be! It’s really really fine. My hair is a battle. It’s an uphill, fine, baby-haired battle. It’s bone-straight and I have some pieces that my hairstylist stuck in my hair right now because if she didn’t you could see my ears through my hair right now. I mean, not to brag. There’s not much going on there.

TGIBD: If you're going out for a night and you’re doing your own makeup, what’s your go-to look?

Emma: Eyeliner and a little bit more shadow. I don’t think I’d do something on my lips because I eat lipstick, so I don’t think it would be a good call. That’s pretty much the extent of my expertise.

TGIBD: Do you have an eyeliner you love?

Emma: Whatever’s around. I have a checkered past. I’ll take any eyeliner that comes my way.

TGIBD: If you had to look and think Well, that was a failure, have you tried anything beauty-wise you just think I’m never doing that again?

Emma: [Doesn’t even skip a beat] Yeah, when I was 16 there was this really awesome phase I went through where I wore bedazzled belts and tank tops with bolero jackets, and I was super-spray-tanned. I wore a ton of bronzer and raccoon eyes and [pause for effect] acrylic nails.

TGIBD: Acrylic nails?

Emma: Welcome to my life when I was like 15 and 16. I really kept them up for like a solid 6 months to maybe a year. Then for my new movie Gangster Squad, it’s set in 1949, so I had to get these rounded acrylic red nails that were like talons, and it brought back awful memories. And then my nails were messed up for another 6 months!

TGIBD: And you have dry skin so you probably also get dry nails?

Emma: I have weak nails, weak hair, weak skin and a weak bicep. What can I say?

OK, how could you not love this girl? She's so down-to-earth and she's got such a great sense of humor about everything. I mean, even when it comes to her grooming routines, she's super-relatable. Love, love, love.

What of her many adorable things she said jumped right out at you?

source via emma-stoners <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Theme por Erica Pires © 2013 • Powered by Blogger • Todos os direitos reservados • Melhor Visualizado no Google Chrome • Topo